Now This is a tutorial for all those who want to convert their ebook (eg. from .epub format to .mobi format ). I will be using the KindleGen software for the conversion This conversion is necessary if the ebooks are to be used on the Kindle devices.
Lets get started !!
Installing KindleGen on Linux :
- Copy the link given below and then paste it in the of the web browser.
- Check the box besides I agree and click on “Download Now“.
- Create a new blank folder called “KindleGen” in your “Home” directory (eg “Local Disk C on windows” or “Home on linux”) and then enter into that folder.
- Open the downloaded the file(kindlegen_linux_2.6_i386_v2_9.tar.gz). It will appear as shown below:
- Thats it !! You are now all setup for the conversion of eBooks.
Converting an eBook from ePub to mobi using KindleGen :
- Enter the terminal and then change directory to the location where the .epub file exists.
cd ‘/home/pandora/Test Ebook/’
- Then type the following command in the terminal (Note: Replace the word “test” with your epub filename) and then hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- If the conversion(i.e. epub to mobi ) was successful then a same filename with mobi format will be created in that directory.
- Now you are ready to run the file on Kindle Previewer .